Effective Date: November 13, 2017
Information We Collect
The MDRT Academy collects information about you when you interact with our Sites and Services. We may also collect information about you from our affiliates, including, but not limited to, Million Dollar Round Table (“MDRT”). When you use our Sites and Services, we collect information about one or more devices associated with you that you use to access the Sites and Services, such as a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. We may collect, store, and use information you provide to us from one or more devices associated with you when you use our Sites and Services, including when you log in to the Sites or Services from one or more devices, register for an account, complete a web form, add or update your account information, or otherwise correspond with us regarding the Sites and Services. Collected information may include, but is not limited to, your name; mailing address; email address; telephone number; birthdate; gender; language preference; and manually uploaded photographs.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites and Services. The information we automatically collect may include your device identifier; web browser type and version; search terms and results; The MDRT Academy applications downloaded; geolocation based on IP address; and browsing information collected through cookies and beacons. The MDRT Academy may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and Services.
Do Not Track
Our Sites and Services do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Sites and Services, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
How We Use Your Information
The personal information we collect may be used or processed where The MDRT Academy has a legitimate interest in or other legal basis for processing such data. In some situations the collection of personal information may be required for the operation of the Sites and Services or to provide certain services or products. The information we collect may be used or processed for the following purposes:
- To serve the functions of the Sites and Services;
- To manage everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of the Sites;
- To analyze the Sites’ performance and functioning;
- To analyze how you use the Sites and Services and to perform other market research;
- To communicate with you about our and our affiliates’ products and services;
- To facilitate your interaction through our Sites and Services with other consumers; and
- To send you further notices, promotions, or other marketing materials regarding our Sites and Services, our products, and our services, and our affiliates’ products and services.
We may use your personal information to develop a personal profile about you.
We may share your information with our affiliates, which may contact you to provide information regarding mentoring or eligibility for membership in MDRT.
If you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will not send you marketing information.
How We Share Your Information
The MDRT Academy may share your information, including your personal information, with our affiliates including, but not limited to, MDRT. We also may share your information with third party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you including, for example, providing our products and services, processing your purchases, administering surveys or contests, or communicating with you. These third parties have no independent rights in the data.
The MDRT Academy may also provide to third parties, including other businesses and members of the public, aggregated statistical data showing general usage patterns and statistics, interactions, and transactions with our Sites and Services. This data does not personally identify you or provide specific information about individual usage.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If this is necessary to protect the vital interests or a person;
- To protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against The MDRT Academy, our affiliates, or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.
Data Security & Retention
The MDRT Academy has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard information that can individually identify you.
You can adjust your notification preferences using The MDRT Academy’s app. You can review, modify, and delete certain information related to your profile at www.mymdrt.org.
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites and Services, including personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Sites or Services; or
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Our Sites are general audience sites not directed at children under the age of 13.If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code 1798.83(c)(2), The MDRT Academy does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing use.
325 W. Touhy Avenue
Park Ridge, IL 60068-4265